Few things are more delicious than a mushroom cap stuffed with creamy, tart goat cheese and baked until sizzling and golden brown. This recipe only calls for 30 mushrooms, but you may want to have some extras on hand. Once you pop, you really can’t stop.
Topped with only breadcrumbs and chives, these mushrooms still pack a punch of flavor. Add crisp rosemary on top for an elegant touch. This make-ahead appetizer will be a perfect time-saving addition for your Thanksgiving table.
- 30 mini cremini mushrooms
- 8 oz goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- large handful of chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wipe off mushrooms in cold water and remove stems.
- Leave out the goat cheese for about 15 minutes to help soften.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the goat cheese, 2 tablespoons heavy cream and chopped chives. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each mushroom to the brim and then place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of each stuffed mushroom.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, heat up a small sauce pan with olive oil. Remove the rosemary needles from each sprig and place in the hot oil. Stir for just a few minutes until crisp. Remove from heat and place on paper towels.
- When the mushrooms are baked, remove from the oven and add a crispy rosemary needle to the top of each. Serve hot!