Spice up your Super Bowl Sunday with these bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers. They are incredibly easy to make, just as all football party food should be.
It’s a simple mix of cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and paprika all stuffed in a sliced jalapeño. The paprika gives the creamy, cheesy stuffing a wonderful smokey flavor. Wrap with bacon, bake until crisp, then top with a little more paprika for an added dash of heat.
These jalapeños are a great make-ahead option, too. If you don’t have time to prep this Sunday – you can assemble the stuffed jalapeños the day before and bake right before serving. Enjoy!
- 12 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, paprika and salt (to taste) together until combined. Spoon filling equally among all 24 jalapeño halves.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a half slice of bacon and stick a toothpick through the center to assure the bacon stays in place. Place each on the baking rack and bake for 25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp to your liking. Serve immediately.