On a hot summer day there’s nothing I enjoy more than a cold pasta salad. This easy-to-make White Bean Pasta Salad recipe is one of my favorites. It’s both light and refreshing, while still blending together some unique and bold flavors.
The crunchy arugula and red onion, creamy goat cheese, earthy cannelloni beans, salty bacon and a whole grain Dijon vinaigrette give this otherwise simple dish plenty of flavor. Serve on it’s own as a light lunch or as a dinner side to a heavier protein such a chicken or fish. The best part, you can prep all the components of this pasta salad in advance and toss together just before serving.
Guaranteed you’ll be eating this all summer long. Bring this salad to your next cook out or have pre-made at home as a quick meal to whip up. Enjoy!
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- ¾ pound pasta of your choosing (I chose gemelli)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch arugula (8 ounces), torn
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of thick bacon, cooked and crumbled into small pieces
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, toss pasta with beans and goat cheese.
- Make dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard and season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate pasta mixture and dressing separately, up to 1 day.) To serve, toss pasta mixture with dressing, arugula, and onion.