This recipe combines two of my favorite summertime BBQ foods: beef sliders and spicy jalapeño poppers. Anything with cheese and a kick of heat and I’m sold. So why not combine all that goodness into one burger?
That’s where these jalapeño popper sliders come into play. This burger stuffs all the deliciousness and heat of a jalapeño popper into a juicy beef slider.
To make, you simply roll ground beef into small balls (a little larger than a golf ball) then using your thumb press into the center of the patty where you will stuff your jalapeño popper filling (cream cheese and diced jalapeños). The more you can fit, the better. Just make sure the cream cheese mixture is completely covered by the meat patty so it doesn’t ooze out while cooking.
Then top the cooked sliders with melted cheddar cheese, grilled jalapeño, sliced tomato, all the sauces of your choosing and serve on a grilled bun.
Heat up your next summertime BBQ with these cheesy sliders. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 fresh jalapeño, diced
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 small slider buns, grilled
- lettuce, chopped to slider size
- tomato, sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, jalapeño and red pepper flakes until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Divide ground beef mixture into 12 pieces. Divide each piece in half. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture onto 6 of the halves. Top with remaining halves. Press edges of beef to seal and form a burger. Repeat with remaining beef.
- To bake, heat the over to 450 degrees and bake for 5-6. These also can be grilled.
- Once cooked, top each burger with a slice of cheese and cover for a minute, or until cheese is melted.
- If you want to toast the buns, lightly butter the cut sides of the buns and toast them on a skillet until sides start to turn golden brown while the burgers finish cooking.
- Place burgers on toasted pretzel buns and top with sliced tomato, grilled jalapeño, sliced onion and all condiments of your choice. Serve hot.