It’s decided. From now on, this is the only spinach artichoke dip I will serve. Not that all other spinach artichoke dips aren’t delicious, but this one takes it to a whole new level. The addition of the green chilies and jalapeños not only elevate the flavor, but add the perfect amount of heat.
If you aren’t afraid of a little extra spice, go heavy on the jalapeños. Just make sure to warn your guests before they dig in. Serve as an appetizer for large groups or as a game day snack. The dip goes great with chips, crackers or baguette slices. Enjoy!
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 (12 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup of canned chopped jalapeño peppers, drained
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the green chiles, Parmesan cheese, artichokes, jalapeño peppers, and spinach. Spoon the mixture into a greased baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and extra parmesan cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling and slightly browned, about 30 minutes.