Theres nothing better than brie. Am I right? It’s perfect on it’s own, added to a charcuterie board or my personal favorite, melted between two slices of toasted bread. This grilled cheese pairs gooey, tangy Brie cheese with sweet pears and fig jam for a flavor and texture combination that’s out of this world.
The trick to grilled cheese is to make sure you completely slather the bread in butter, covering the entire slice. Cook at a low heat so the cheese has time to melt while the bread is toasting, otherwise you will burn the bread. You can either melt stove top or in a panini maker. This sandwich is sweet, buttery and it comes with a warning: this will become your most additive snack yet!
Feel free to swap out the pears for apple or even grapes! I’m convinced brie goes with just about anything. Enjoy!
- 2 slices of bread, whole wheat
- ½ pear, thinly sliced
- wedge of brie
- fig jam
- Spread one side of each slice of bread generously with butter.
- Spread the fig jam on the other side of only one bread slice.
- On top of the jam, layer on about 5 thick slices of brie cheese and the thinly sliced pear.
- Heat up a pan stove top or a panini maker to low heat. When hot, place the butter side of the bread slice face down with the fig, brie and pear on top. Set the second slice butter side up and press down.
- Cook about 5 minutes each side, flip once the bread starts getting browned.
- Remove when cheese is fully melted.