If there’s one thing you need to know about me, it’s that I LOVE to snack. My favorite ‘meal’ consists of small snacks throughout the day. Carrots and hummus here, a string cheese there and my personal favorite: these healthy, filling and wholesome No-Bake Granola Bars.
If you aren’t a supreme snacker like myself, they also work as a perfect grab and go breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up. The best part? They only require 5 ingredients, a food processor and a refrigerator. No oven needed!
To create that hearty and chewy yet crunchy consistency, mix together the food-processed dates, rolled oats, honey, almond butter and chopped almonds. Then throw in whatever your heart desires! This recipe is easily adaptable. I added in mini chocolate chips and cranberries for a pop of sweetness, but any other fruit, nut or sweet will do.
Press the mixture into a dish fitted with parchment paper, set in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to harden and voila! Cut into 10 even bars and you are all done!
Is it snack time yet?
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup cranberries
- Optional additions: dried cherries, walnuts, banana chips, dried coconut, etc.
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute).
- Place oats, almonds, dates, cranberries and mini chocolate chips in a bowl and set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat or microwave until you can easily mix together. Stir and pour over oat mixture. Then mix together, making sure the dates are dispersed throughout.
- Once thoroughly combined, transfer to an 8x8 dish or other small pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press down until uniformly flattened. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days.