Now your mornings can be both delicious and nutritious with these nutty, healthy, and wholesome Morning Glory Muffins.
Packed with crunchy walnuts, plump raisins, shreds of carrot and coconut, mashed banana and applesauce, these muffins truly are a glorious way to start your day. If you like the flavors of carrot cake or oatmeal raisin cookies, then chances are you’ll love these muffins. Only difference? These breakfast treats are low in fat, high in fiber and loaded with fruits and veggies.
These muffins work great as an easy grab-and-go breakfast, an afternoon pick me up or the perfect addition to a brunch party. Now go get to baking!
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 4-5 carrots)
- 1 cup dried raisins
- 1 banana mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or use liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt until there are no lumps.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, egg, applesauce, carrots, and banana. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Stir in oats, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill each muffin cup high with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 23 to 25 minutes.
- Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.