If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, this corn casserole is at the top of my list. I mean how can you say no to layers of corn, sour cream, french fried onions and cheddar cheese?
Well…you don’t. Which is why I limit myself to this delicious dish only once a year during, arguable my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving! While this recipe isn’t the fanciest, it’s always the most delicious.
This dish has turned into an absolute staple in our household. If you ever find yourself a seat at our Thanksgiving table, I can guarantee you’ll be served a big scoop of this melt-in-your-mouth corn casserole. If you’re like me, you may even go back for seconds.
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1 (17 oz) can cream style corn
- 1 (17 oz) can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup corn muffin mix
- 1 small can French fried onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix both cans corn, eggs, salt, pepper, and corn muffin mix. Place in a greased 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle onions on top. Spread sour cream over that, then top with cheddar cheese. Bake in a 400 oven for 30 min. or until hot and bubbly.